Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Beatrix Potter


Today is the anniversary of Beatrix Potter's birthday. She was born on July 28th, 1866 at No 2, Bolton Gardens, Kensington in London. If you would like to read more about her life, follow this link. In honor of her birthday you can also play a few games based off her stories. You can pick vegatables, avoiding the flowers, of course. You can try finding Peter before Mr. McGregor does, or you can answer questions about Peter Rabit to get out of the maze, all the while collecting radishes. There are many other games, too. Simple games, yet fun:).
The following stories can be read on THIS site:

The Tale of Peter Rabbit
Cecily Parsely's Nursery Rhymes
The Story of Miss Moppet
The Tale of Johnny Town-mouse
The Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher
The Tale of the Pie and the Patty-Pan
The Tale of the Squirrel Nutkin
The Tale of Timmy Tiptoes
The Tale of Two Bad Mice

Enjoy! And have fun celebrating Beatrix's birthday!

2 comments:

Noël De Vries said...

Thanks for the reminder. We love Beatrix. Have you seen Miss Potter? Wonderful film.

How do you like Bellweathers so far?

I see you read some Alex Rider... :)

You're gonna love Hunger Games!!!!

Nicole said...

I believe I saw the film with you and A...

I love it so far! I can't help laughing out loud sometimes!

Yes, I read that a while ago... I need to get around to reviewing a LOT of books :) I can't wait to get the next book. The ending to the last one was such a cliff hanger...

People keep telling me I'll love it, and its making me very anxious to read it! I can't wait! there are just so many books on my TBR list...