Friday, January 30, 2009

Creativity



Ever need a spark of creativity? Do you ever feel like you want to write something, but have no idea what to write about? I have this problem all the time, and I was trying to think of some way to get rid of this problem. Then I had an idea (of course) and I couldn't wait to post about it.

I want to post prompts every once in a while, probably Fridays. I am hoping all of you will take the prompt and write something with it. So, here is today's prompt:

Take this nursery rhyme and turn it into a short story.

Jack and Jill went up the hill
To fetch a pail of water.
Jack fell down and broke his crown,
And Jill came tumbling after.

You can change anything except the names and the basic plot. You can make it a comedy, a tragedy, a moral story. You can keep the meter and rhyming or throw those to the wind and just write a short story. If you take this challenge, please leave a comment and let me know!

Good Luck!

2 comments:

Aubrey DeVries said...

I've always thought there had to be more to the poem than what we hear... :) I say we ought to write a mystery about it. What was really in the well at the top of the hill? What caused Jack to fall down? Did his crown ever recover from the break? Why did Jill tumble after him? What happened to her?

Nicole said...

Oooo... good idea! Will you be writing this?