Monday, October 11, 2010

Plans

I'm on Fall Break.

My roommate and I have a ton of plans- its going to be a great weekend.

One of those plans was for me to read to her while she drove. I was going to read from her favorite seriese. So, today I stopped by the library to check out the book. I've figured out the campus' system for shelving books- quite a bit different from what I'm used to, so I knew exactly where to find the books. But I get to the right section, and the book isn't there. Its already been checked out!

So much for plans.

We ended up making a stop at a store for a gift. Across the isle were a bunch of books for sale. We looked hopefully, and sure enough it was! We bought it, and within a few minutes of the trip I was reading aloud, trying not to stumble over words I had never seen, and trying to read fluently. And, for those of you who don't know, when there are words you don't know, and you've never read the text before, reading fluently can be quite a task.

But I managed. And my roommate was gracious, not getting impatient as I tried to sound out words like a third grader. So far, I've read for two hours to her. And loved it!

I love reading out loud...

No comments: