Thursday, April 29, 2010

Warriors in the Crossfire by Nancy Bo Flood


Oops! I forgot to post this yesterday, but here I am now.

Here is the final part of the interview with Nancy Bo Flood!

Marie: How do you decide if an idea you have for a story is worth keeping?

Nancy Bo Flood:

If I come back to the idea – if a character or a scene, sometimes even just a phrase - continues to haunt me. Then I must write it down to get it out of my head. Sometimes this means getting up in the night and scribbling about the characters, the scene or the dialogues to get them out of my head and onto paper.

Marie: What do you do when you get a 'mind block'?

Nancy Bo Flood: Go for a long walk. Walking or doing dishes always helps clear the mind and see “a bigger picture.” My husband likes it when the remedy is baking cookies!

Marie: Time and money aside, what would you rather be doing?

Nancy Bo Flood: Being with my kids, my husband – and my dog – and writing. Exploring a new little corner of the world. Or researching, which I hope to be doing as you read this. I am traveling to Saipan to talk with students about Warriors then on to Japan, to Hiroshima, to talk with survivors of the War and the atomic bomb, researching Kento’s story, as he searches for his father on Japan.

Marie: If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you bring with you, and why?

Nancy Bo Flood: What an interesting and tough question. Funny, I thought, pen and paper and it needs to be a fine pen that writes well and will last a long time. I don’t see any rescue ships in sight. And my husband, yes, someone needs to climb the coconut tree to bring down supper!

Nancy Bo Flood:

Thank you for an exceptionally interesting interview. I hope teens, kids and parents enjoy reading Warriors in the Crossfire.



and here are the other participants in the tour that you should go check out!



Whispers of Dawn, Cafe of Dreams, The Hungry Readers, My Own Little Corner of the World, KidzBookBuzz.com, Reading is My Superpower, 5 Minutes for Books, Becky’s Book Reviews,My Utopia


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Once again, thank you, Marie, and what would you take with you on a desert island? Besides a good book!

Nancy

sally said...

Thank you both for the wonderful interview!

Nicole said...

hm, I would take a giant unlined notebook, a pencil set,(this way, I can draw OR write :) ) and... the book Ella gets from her fairy godmother (in Ella Enchanted) that changes every time you open it! hahaha, if that doesn't count, I'll suffice with a Sam's Club size stash of chewy granola bars. :)

thanks for hosting the tour, Sally!