Thursday, February 04, 2010

January Record!

In January, I beat a personal record- the number of books I can listen to/read in one month. I am not sure what it was before this last month, but it has been raised to 10 books. Wow! I never thought that would have been possible to me! Here is a list of all the books I've read this month, as well as the number of stars I rate them with:

  • Cheaper by the Dozen by Frank Gilbreth Jr. and Ernestine Gilbreth Carey (reread)*****
  • The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson ***
  • The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (reread)*****
  • Alice In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll **
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins*****
  • The Chestnut King by N.D. Wilson (ARC)***
  • Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine(reread) ****
  • Hardy Boys: Secret of the Old Mill ****
  • Hardy Boys: House on the Cliff****
  • A Wind in the Door by Madeline L' Engel ***
-three were rereads.
-6 were parts of series', and one more has a sequel.
-two I have been meaning to read for a long time, and only just recently got around to it.
-four were read at the end of Christmas break, before school started up again.
-one was an advanced readers copy (the book tour is this month!!!).
-two were not at ALL what I was expecting, and a third- well, I guess I should have known it wouldn't be what I was expecting.
-I read five, and listened to the other five

No comments: