Tuesday, January 06, 2015

My Short-Lived Career as a Fortune Teller

Back in High School, I was adamant that I would not be a teacher- not if it was the last job on earth.

When I was younger, somewhere in middle school, I didn't want to go to the doctor because I was sure the pain in my feet was normal, and other people were just better at dealing with it.

All through High School and college I was sure sure I'd never beat my dad at Boggle.

Just today, I was confident that school wouldn't be called off.



*

School has been called off tomorrow because of the cold.

Eventually I consented to going to the doctor for my feet. Turns out I have plantar fasciitis in both feet. (I still have bad days, but it's a lot better now, thanks for asking ;) )

I am a teacher now-- currently in a kindergarten class. And I absolutely love it! I can't imagine doing anything else. Seriously.

And Boggle? Well, I've still never beaten my dad. We've moved on to Scrabble now, and he still wins. (But there's hope, right, because all these other predictions crashed and burned?)

*

Niceties like, "2015. It's going to be a good one!" are just the same. We really have no idea what this year holds. And I'm not going to try to guess- we've seen how that has turned out. The above examples are a modest sampling. But I'm not worried about this unpredictable future. Not a bit.

God made the future, and He's more than enough to get me through it. And not only to get me through it, but to prepare me for it.

"Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10







No comments: