Thursday, November 03, 2011

Why??

I intended to look at some sites for lines of modest clothing to get some ideas and see if there were ways to adapt some of the clothing I have in my closet to make it more modest. Christa Taylor was mentioned in a book I'm reading, so I tried to find her website, but instead I found out that a year ago her store had closed down.

So, I thought I'd just do a Google search for modest clothing for women. Three quarters of the pictures were of fully covered women from the Middle East. The other outfits looked like tent-ish clothes draped carelessly over a girl. Not feminine at all. Is that really what people think of as modest clothing- and thats it?

The next search for professional clothing for women didn't go so well either. After each of these attempts failing, I gave up.

Do you have any suggestions for better search terms? Or, possibly a site that has modest clothes for women? Insight requested!

2 comments:

Noël De Vries said...

http://misselainious.com/

The first 100 dress days, esp. She wears the same dress, over and over, using creativity and keeping it modest and fresh.

Noël De Vries said...

http://misselainious.com/the-100-days/