Thursday, November 12, 2009

When hardbacks are $1 and paperbacks 50 cents…

I just cant help myself.

 
Last weekend was Homecoming, so the campus library had a huge book sale hoping the Alumni would buy some things. They also advertised the sale to current students.


At first I was disappointed because it looked like it was all non-fiction and Christian non-fiction. Don't get me wrong- I love that kind of book (In fact, I bought two of them), but thats all I had been reading lately and I was craving some fiction.

and then
i
saw
Them.

 
They were hidden, on the last set of shelves behind a table of rock and shells and maps that were also for sale. I spent $13.50.

Snapshot of me 2

This picture is a little hard to see, but thats the quality of my laptop camera. Which I didn’t know I had until today. Anyway.

Top Left: The Saturdays; And Then There Were Five; The Five Story Mistake ; Return to Gone-Away; Teacher’s Treasury of Stories for Every Occasion (the large one); Four  of the thirteen Trixie Belden books I bought; The Hardy Boys – The Hidden Harbor Mystery; Roller Skates; Cheaper By The Dozen; The other nine Trixie Books. I also got a book called ‘The Path to Prayer’, and ‘Halley's Bible Handbook’, but neither are in this picture.

I got 23 books for $13.50. Thats the best deal I've ever gotten on books- and I have so many (pre-yellowed) treasures now!

 

What's the best deal you've ever gotten on books?

3 comments:

Noël De Vries said...

if you start receiving anonymous threats, they're from me.

very jealous!! :)

Bethany Wiggins said...

I love Trixie Belden! My mom grew up reading them and then bought the entire series for me when I was a kid. And they are now sitting on my daughter's book shelf, just waiting for her to get a little bit older.

Your blog is great. You had me at, "I like to think of myself as an author just because I have written 'the end' on a couple drafts."

BLog on!

Nicole said...

Bethany, I love how the books have been handed down; I am sure she will love them :)
Thanks :), and thanks for stopping by, I hope to see you around here more in the future!

:)

(Noel, I'm just not sure how to respond to that... :) )