Wednesday, November 04, 2009

The Hidden Staircase by Carolyn Keene

Carolyn Keene's second Nancy Drew book "The Hidden Staircase" was another audio file I borrowed from my home library and listened to on my iPod. When I was younger I was more of a Trixi Beldon fan than of Nancy Drew, but I must say I enjoyed the book. I admit I figured out most things before Nancy and her friends did, however the book is aimed at a younger audience, I think.

Nancy is asked by her friend to come and solve the mystery of her relative's 'haunted house', but she decides not to because she is warned that her father is in great danger. After a close call with her father, he assures Nancy he will be alright and urges her to take the other case. Nancy is having trouble solving either case, when the hauntings get worse and her father dissappears. Will Nancy be able to figure everything out in time to save her father?

What Nancy Drew books have you read, and did you enjoy them?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

One of the best series ever! Yes, I did read them (although once I discovered that there was a 1920's edition of the series and then a 1940's I spent time tracking down the oldest ones). Such fun!