Tuesday, April 21, 2009

randomness...

I'm sitting here in the writing center at school. I'm a tutor here, every G day second hour. The window was open earlier, and I have goose bumps still; even though the window has been shut for a good hour, and I am wearing long sleeves.

I remembered my CD player today, so I am listening to my Switchfoot CD... 'Dare you to move' is playing now... And yes, in case you are rereading that line, I did say 'CD player'. I do not have an Ipod and must cope with a CD player. But hey, at least I am able to listen to music. I could just be sitting here in silence, hearing only the noise the keys of the computer make as I type.

I just finished writing up another draft of a scholarship essay. I had over 600 words... the max called for was 500... so I scrapped everything except the first sentence and most of the closing paragraph. I like this draft a lot better, though.

Working on that draft was a priority for this class... but I didn't want to do it. On the table next to me, taunting me, is a half read copy of Dandelion Fire. Sadly, I made the 'right' choice and worked on scholarships over reading...

It is uncommonly quiet in the writing center right now... plenty of time to relax and think...

2 comments:

Holly said...

Such a good song...

Christy said...

That's probably my favorite song in the entire world.