Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Craft!

I got the idea from Erin, who got it from Julia. And it looks like Julia got it from Jessica.
I adapted the recipe. Jessica mentioned her recipe made entirely too much starch, so I cut it by four.
This is the recipe I used:

1/16 cup corn starch
1/8 cup cold water
1 cup hot/boiling water

Mix cold water and starch together. Add hot/boiling water, stir.

Thats it. I know, really simple!
So, you want to know what my roommate and I did with this recipe?
We coated it onto fabric we had already cut out (with a paintbrush). Then, we put the soaking fabric on the wall, and pressed all the bubbles out. We caught the starchy drips with a papertowl.

And it looks like this:

 

2 comments:

Erin said...

oooo cool! i didn't even think of that! ohhhh and you could lik ecut out birds in different fabrics and make it look lik ethey're flying across the walls.....yay arts and crafts!

Aubrey DeVries said...

If you didn't like it, would it come off easily?