Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Raucous Roayals

The Raucous Royals is a disguised history book. Beccia cleverly hides this fact. Honestly, how many history books have you seen with colorful cartoons, quizzes, and codes to crack that talks about some of History's scandals? The Raucous Royals is a very interactive book that can easily keep the reader engaged from page one to sixty one. For the official website, follow this link; and for the author's very own blog, visit this link.

And now for the rest of the interview:

ME: Do you listen to music while you write? What kind?

BECCIA: No. I have to have complete quiet when I write. The opposite is true when I paint. I usually listen to music, an audio book or a lecture on Utunes. I am currently listening to all the Berkeley History lectures. They are wonderful. I am a geek when it comes to this stuff.

ME: What is the fist thing you do when you get a new story idea?

BECCIA: I tell my husband about it. He’s a lawyer and a very rational person. If he says it is crazy and it will never sell…then I know I have a good idea.

ME: What are some of your favorite books?

BECCIA: Anything by Jeanette Winterson, Alison Weir, Ken Follet, John Green, or Antonia Fraser. I read Plaidy when I am feeling indulgent.

ME: Who influenced you the most to write, and how?

BECCIA: My editor was a big influence. When I submitted art for Who Put the B in the Ballyhoo?, she wrote back that she loved the art, but asked me to also write a story around it. My immediate response was that I was not a writer. I was ONLY an illustrator. She asked me to submit something anyway. I did and Houghton accepted that book. If she did not have faith in me then I would never have got my start.

ME: If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you bring with you, and why?

BECCIA: Hmmm…I know these questions are asked to reveal what you value, but whenever someone asks me this type of question, all I can think about is how I am going to get off the island. I have a deadline to make and a 1 year old at home who needs her mom. So I will have to say that I would take a cell phone to call for a ride. I would probably take with me my Kindle and a pizza too. That would hold me for a few hours.

ME: Any other comments?

BECCIA: For more raucous royals, readers can visit the book’s web site: www.RaucousRoyals.com and the blog: http://blog.RaucousRoyals.com. I feature a new scandalous royal each month on the blog and the site has tons of information and resources for anyone writing reports.

Thats it for the interview. No more sections to be revealed tomorrow... Before I give you the links to other blogs, let me point out one more thing. Carlyn has agreed to answer any questions you have for her until the end of the tour- that's today and tomorrow- so leave a question if you have one!

(and now for the links)

01 Charger, the 160acrewoods, A Mom Speaks, All About Children’s Books, Becky’s Book Reviews, Cafe of Dreams, Dolce Bellezza, Fireside Musings, The Friendly Book Nook, Homeschool Buzz, Hyperbole, KidzBookBuzz.com, Looking Glass Reviews, Maw Books Blog, Never Jam Today, Our Big Earth, Quiverfull Family, Reading is My Superpower, SmallWorld Reads, SMS Book Reviews

No comments: