Thursday, September 12, 2013

Nuance

Fall doesn't start until the 22nd yet schools everywhere are in full swing. 
And it's still summer. 
Technically. 
Summer, as a season, is different from Summertime itself. Mostly because of the things it allows you to do. Summertime offers more freedom, whereas Summer means warm weather. Usually. 

***

"It's a Small World" we sometimes say
when we meet someone we hadn't expected. Like when you babysit the kids of the woman who was the camp nurse at your old church's summer camp when you were in elementary school.
But sometimes it's more accurate to say,
 "What a Big God!"

***

I want to be a writer.
Someone who writes.
It'd be nice to get published, too, but that's not what I mean. I want to write even if I don't get published. I want to find strings of words that resonate, pick imagery that sticks and tell stories worth hearing.
Not all writers get published. Sometimes writing for the sake of writing is enough.  


No comments: