Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June: Books, Goals

Books I've read in June
Captivating by John and Staci Eldredge****
Preparing to be a Help Meet by Debi Pearl ****
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling ****
Spindle's End by Robin McKinly ***

Goals I've accomplished in June
(and pictures for a couple of them)

Eat some sort of seafood:
Halibut. Not a fishy-tasting fish. Not my favorite food in the world, but I've decided Fish isn't as bad as I've thought all these years
Learn new words, use them, be asked to explain their meanings:
Zephyr (a cool gentle breeze)

Eat Pineapple:
The library where I work had a fruit tray out on the break table, so I decided to be brave and try some pineapple. Its not half bad, but I still prefer Strawberries :)

Read from a book, aloud, to others, outside, at night:
This is me and my sisters, reading from Rick Riordan's 'Red Pyramid' the weekend it came out

Blow bubbles in the rain:
I had a picture of this, but its been lost somewhere on the computer and I can't find it. My youngest sister and I proceeded to take a walk around the block, and get soaked! We had a blast!

I am getting close to throwing the frisbee a new way, but its unreliable so I wont count it. Maybe in July?

What books have you read this month?
Have you accomplished any (noteworthy or otherwise) goals?

1 comment:

Maggie DeVries said...

HELLO. I was expecting the subtle browns... Ha ha, I like the new template!