Thursday, February 28, 2008

Precious Time


I have been inspired by another blogger, Noel, to give up something for a week and do something special with that time. I do not think I could go without reading for an entire week, so I was thinking of something else to give up. I was having a hard time, but then I realized what I should renounce: TV.


I am going to go a week without any TV. I don’t know how hard this will be, but I know it will be useful.

Now, I don’t spend insane amounts of time watching TV every day; in fact, during the school week I hardly have the time, but there are those few moments. I will be in the middle of something, and happen to walk past our living room where someone has the TV on. I will think a line was funny, and go in and sit down for a moment; and before you know it, a half hour of my time had disappeared. A similar thing happens on Saturday mornings: I will plan on just watching an episode or two, and the next thing I know it's time to eat lunch. All that valuable time wasted.

So, I am renouncing TV for a week. During that time I hope to read more, and maybe even start editing that novel I wrote a while ago. Who knows? Anything is possible, with the right amount of motivation and time.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I am so excited! Because I have been doing other things with my time other than watching TV, I have finished many things. For one, I edited my entire novel in only seven or eight hours... I never thought that was possible. Also, I have read /two/ books, and today I am starting another! And to think, my week is not even over yet... Anything IS possible.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! TV is a hard thing to give up once you sit down. I'm glad it went so well.
Aubrey