Thursday, December 19, 2013

Click Here If You Listen To Music

I'm looking for music, and I am recruiting your help.

I like music. I listen to it practically non-stop, so it's not wonder that the songs I like are becoming trite, worn and annoying. I'd like your help.

I'm looking for songs with good lyrics, that honor God, and have a good, exciting rhythm.

I've found musicians that have a couple of those factors, and such discoveries were exciting.
They are artists like Scott Phillips and Pompton Lakes, songs like Half Acre, Come Thou Fount, Blue Lips, Mr. Pitiful...

But I'm on a quest to find songs with all three.

I used to think that such a thing didn't exist.

So far, I haven't found anything to debunk that original theory.

And that's why I need your help. I realized the other day that I'm probably not the only person in the world who would listen to this music, who would appreciate it. And one of these other people likely has some musical talent, and they created it. I just need to find it.

Suggestions Welcome.






3 comments:

Noël De Vries said...

the oh hellos, for sure.

I can share their album at Christmas... (next week!) It was a free giveaway.

http://theohhellos.com/tagged/TOHmusic

Anonymous said...

Matt maher
Rhett walker band
Tenth avenue north
fav song- we are the free by matt redman

Nicole said...

Noel, I've been listening to the Oh Hellos now and I love them. I like the folky sound, and how they're about Bible stories etc. And of course, the Eustace Scrubb one :)

Thanks, Anonymous!
I'll look more into Matt Maher and Rhett Walker Band. I already listen to Tenth Avenue North a bit.