Thursday, February 07, 2013

Full Control

I've got full control in my student teaching classroom starting this week.

Which means writing lesson plans for five subjects a day for five days a week, teaching them (and making last-minute changes when the students aren't getting it) and grading papers.

Which doesn't leave much time for blog posts.

****
-Last week, one student lost his (loose) tooth- right in the middle of math.
-The kids didn't get my lesson on main verbs and helping verbs. While they were at PE I regrouped and when they came back I retaught. And they got it!

-While the kids are at specials, I don't even get to spend that time grading and planning- I have to do all my foot stretches to calm them back down. Plantar fasciitis and the concrete floors in schools don't get along too well.
-Questioning techniques are important. You have to ask the right question, or it confuses them.
-I've been trying  to have more fun in my lessons. To laugh, and joke with them, and tell relevant stories, and feel free to be a bit goofy to catch their attention again. It seems to be working!
-The Classroom Teacher and I moved all the desks around- it was funny to watch the kids come in and be a bit confused and try to find their new seat. Or, sit in their Old seat, without realizing it, until the New owner came up to them and pointed it out.
****
These next weeks will be super busy, but I'm possitive I'll keep learning and eventually  I'll get the hang of this. I keep resting in God's strength and energy, because there's litterally no way I can do this on my own.


No comments: