Monday, February 06, 2012

Laughing

I have insertional tendonitis. And maybe bursitis.
I just found out over the weekend.
Add that to the plantafasciitis I've had for eight years, and my feet are a bit of a handful.

It was starting to get to me, too. I was pretty much throwing myself a pity party on the one hour drive back from the doctor's. The doctor gave me a lot to do, and the healing process is going to take several months. In the meantime, lots has to change. Like the kind of shoes I wear, and by bedtime routine, and the activities I can participate in. It was almost too much to handle. I'm not going to lie- I cried a few times while I was trying to figure this all out.

But then God reminded me that I'm on his side. That his call on my life is still active. That if all these foot problems get in the way of that calling, I can call on him for healing. And if they don't get in the way, he still wants to use me. He still uses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. I don't need perfect feet to do what God has called me to. And so long as I'm bringing the Good News, my feet are beautiful.

I'll be okay. God can still use me. I'm not going to let all these " itis' " get the better of me, and bring me down. There is something different about my life, and its times like this when it needs to show. It doesn't matter what 'Future' throws at me, I've  got God to help me through it. And suddenly, I'm able to laugh at the future again.

No comments: