Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Free Book Goes To...

I wrote down the names of everyone who entered my strawberry story contest for the book, tore up the names, and put them in my hat. Next, I asked my mom to pick a piece of paper out without looking. She wanted to know what she had just done, so I told her that she had picked the name of the person who won the book. And who was this? Cindy.

Your strawberry story has won you a free, signed copy of Kathryn Fitzmaurice's book 'The Year The Swallows Came Early'.

I will be contacting you to let you know the details...

You didn't get to read Cindy's story? Well, I've copy and pasted it below, or you can read it along with all the other great stories here.

Hello! I am the youngest of three children. I had an older brother and I have an older sister. When we were young, our dad and mom would take us strawberry picking. sometimes, we would be there for as long as 3 hours! To me, it seemed like forever! What I really remember was that my siblings and I ate more strawberries than we put in our buckets! Please enter my name in your delightful book giveaway drawing. Such a lovely book to pass down through our family. Many thanks, Cindi

1 comment:

windycindy said...

I am honored to have won your copy of The Year The Swallows Came Early!
Thanks very much for the contest.
I will certainly enjoy this book with my family for years to come!
Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com